When we open facebook, we are asked “What’s on your mind?” So now, will you take a moment to close your eyes and check in with your body – how do you feel?
The reason I suggest this is because I have noticed that I live with minor discomforts when I don’t pay attention to the signals from my body. Oh, how good that chapstick feels on dry lips; the pleasure of a snack in my rumbling tummy; the relief of an empty bladder; a soft jacket brings warm comfort.
To live a more satisfying life, just take a few moments each day to check in with yourself and find what you need next. Take some deep breaths. Close your eyes. Doesn’t that feel better?
What do you do when you feel grumpy? We discussed what to do with children when they have a Tantrum. What about us, as adults?
- Take a time-out in your own room
- Count backwards: 5-4-3-2-1 to calm down (ever see Daniel the Tiger?)
- Take deep breaths while thinking in with the good out with the bad
- Listen to your favorite music
- Diffuse uplifting oils – such as Elevation – also aptly named Joyful Blend
Please comment with your favorite way to lose those grumpy thoughts.