Now that fall is here, we have fewer daylight hours. By the end of December, many people go to work in the dark and return home in the dark.
Have you noticed that you want to sleep more? Is your mood a little lower than you want it to be?
Here are 5 ideas to help you smile through this season:
- Enjoy all the activities of the season: sporting events, parties, cooking, and preparing gifts.
- Express your gratitude. This can be a Thank You card, a hug, a prayer, and a post online.
- Indulge in the sweet fruits of the season. Oranges are bright and happy.
- Put your face toward the sun whenever you can. Close your eyes. Smile. Take a deep breath.
- Breathe in some Elevation and Wild Orange essential oils. It’s hard not to smile with that combination.
If you need a friend to talk to, please send me a message. Since many people feel sad this time of year, it’s important to have someone to reach out to.
Bonus tip: Keep smiling – it will help you feel better. If you don’t believe it, try the experiment below.
Frown and read these words: car, sister, store, peach, book, phone, green, three, wall, sky, dog, key, change, move, run, magazine, doctor, river, plug.
How do you feel?
Smile and read these words: drive, yellow, library, eight, water, truck, paper, bird, wire, grow, mail, oil, plum, time, deliver, read, metal, mom, pencil.
How do you feel?
When I used this experiment during a persuasive speech in college, I had half the room frown and the other half smile. In a monotone voice I read several words then asked each side how they were feeling. The people who were frowning felt negative emotions while those who were smiling felt positive emotions.
To learn more about essential oils because they help with emotions check out http://oilswithchristy.com/begin/.